Listed below are 5 timely filed amendments to redistricting legislation for Friday January 27, 2012. All of the amendments were submitted as a complete plan. If you visit http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Redistricting/Redistricting2012.aspx, under the “Pending Amendments” section you will find maps and resources for each amendment. Additionally, a summary of the amendments can be found by clicking here.
- State House map: Amendment 1 (H000H9049) to HJR 6011 (H000H9027) by Vice Chair Precourt
- State House map: Amendment 2 (SPUBH0177) to HJR 6011 (H000H9027) by Chair Weatherford
- Congressional map: Amendment 1 (H000C9047) to HB 6005 (H000C9043) by Vice Chair Precourt
- Congressional map: Amendment 2 (SPUBC0170) to HB 6005 (H000C9043) by Chair Weatherford
- State Senate map: Amendment 1 (S000S9008) to HJR 6001 (S000S9004) by Vice Chair Precourt
Regarding the amendments filed by Redistricting Committee Chairman Weatherford, those amendments were filed as a courtesy to the League of Women Voters, the National Council of La Raza and Common Cause, who collectively asked that their proposed redistricting plans be formally considered by the Committee.
Tomorrow’s Redistricting Committee meeting time will take place from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in 404 of the House Office Building. Visit the Florida Channel at http://thefloridachannel.org/ to watch the live webcast of the meeting.