Over the next week or so we will be implementing some changes to www.floridaredistricting.org. With the launch of our Blog & Resources page, www.floridaredistricting.org is taking on a more simplified role as a front page for an entire universe of information about Florida redistricting.
So what purposes will www.floridaredistricting.org serve in the near future?
- As we’re about to begin public input meetings on redistricting throughout Florida, www.floridaredistricting.org will provide updates and access to scheduling information.
- The site will remain the best access point to MyDistrictBuilder.
- The site will provide public outreach, participation and educational materials.
- The site will provide introductions to the legal and legislative sides of redistricting.
- The site will offer insight into MyDistrictBuilder, including user help and support.
Beyond the content at www.floridaredistricting.org, the site will continue to serve as a gateway to an expanding universe of information, including social media, this blog and resources, legislative archives, and eventually access to the plans and suggestions submitted by Floridians.
For example, as a visitor to our Plan Explorer page, you will be able to search and review redistricting plans and ideas submitted by other Floridians – blog, share, and use as a foundation for your own input. You will be able to take the redistricting plans and load them into MyDistrictBuilder, so that you can edit them, and resubmit them with your own twist on someone else’s idea.
Crowdsourcing – Florida redistricting style!
In the meantime, many of our resource links have moved here – to the Blog & Resources page. The resources on the right side of the page are geared towards what you might want for drawing or analyzing redistricting plans. The resources in the middle are focused on news and big picture items – why, what, how, etc.
As our pages evolve, if you lose track of a favorite link or a resource, just email us at email@example.com. And as always, feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or comments.
Happy Almost Friday!