Do-It-Yourself Redistricting: The Role of Public Participation
Sentiment is growing nationally for citizens to take a greater role in redistricting, sometimes referred to as “do-it-yourself-redistricting.” The resources below provide various perspectives on the topic of do-it-yourself-redistricting, the role of public participation, and transparency in the redistricting process. Several of these resources were helpful in crafting the House’s menu of public participation opportunities for Florida’s redistricting.
- Altman & McDonald – Do-It-Yourself Redistricting?
- Brennan Center for Justice – How to Influence the Redistricting Process?
- Brookings – Public Participation (Video)
- Brookings – Transparency & Public Participation
- Dave’s Redistricting – Do Your Own Redistricting
- FairDistrictsFlorida.org (Jon Mills) – How Will the FairDistrictsFlorida.org Amendments Work?
- League of Women Voters – Essential Principles on Redistricting
- Miami Herald – Brave New World of Do-It-Yourself Mapping
- Public Mapping Project
- Spacial Roundtable – Social Redistricting?
- Stateline – Rise of Do-It-Yourself Redistricting