August 26, 2011 • 3:55 pm
Did you miss some of the Florida redistricting public input meetings in Southeast Florida? Meeting videos, podcasts and action packets from August 15-18 public meetings are all available online via www.floridaredistricting.org and www.myfloridahouse.gov. For your convenience, you will find links to them below.
Post-Meeting Action Packets:
Filed under: Public Meetings, Public Participation, boca raton, broward, college, davie, fiu, florida, key west, martin, miami, miami-dade, monroe, palm beach, redistricting, stuart
August 15, 2011 • 7:41 am
Some redistricting factoids for the August 15-18 public input meetings in Stuart (15th), Boca Raton (16th), Davie (16th), Miami (17th), South Miami (17th) and Key West (18th):
- Did you know that Congressional Districts 16 and 25 have to lose more than 100,000 residents in Florida’s redistricting?
- Did you know State House District 112’s population grew by nearly 60% from 2000 to 2010?
- Did you know St. Lucie County led the Southeast Florida region with 44.2% population growth from 2000 to 2010?
- Did you know Monroe County actually had a population decline of -8.2% from 2000 to 2010?
- Did you know Martin County leads the Southeast Florida region with a median income of over $50,000?
- Did you know that Homestead had nearly 90% population growth from 2000 to 2010?
You can download excel sheets with this data and more at http://bit.ly/otLIuI.
Filed under: Data & Code, broward, dade, florida, homestead, indian river, martin, miami, monroe, okeechobee, palm beach, redistricting, st. lucie
For the upcoming August 15-18 public input meetings on redistricting in Stuart, Boca Raton, Davie, Miami, South Miami and Key West, below are links to parking and driving directions, Google Maps for each location, and the RSVP page for each location. You do not have to RSVP, but if you wish to speak it is recommended that you RSVP and that you arrive prior to the start time of the meeting.
Looking for some guidance about the format of the redistricting public input meetings and how you might get involved? Check out the videos below from a couple of our recent meetings in Lakeland and Gainesville for insight and ideas.
Filed under: Public Meetings, Public Participation, boca raton, broward, dade, davie, florida, key west, martin, meeting, miami, monroe, palm beach, participation, public, redistricting, st. lucie, stuart