July 11-13, the Florida House and Senate’s public input meetings on redistricting are coming to northeast and northcentral Florida. Meetings will be held in Jacksonville (July 11), St. Augustine (July 12), Daytona Beach (July 12), The Villages (July 13) and Gainesville (July 13).
If you or someone you know would like to attend, below is driving and parking information for each location. Note, the street address for the St. Augustine meeting has been revised. You can keep track of the Meeting Calendar via www.floridaredistricting.org or download the full public meeting calendar here. Also, below you will find Google Maps links for each meeting location.
- July 11: Jacksonville: Parking and Driving – Google Maps
- July 12: St. Augustine: Parking and Driving – Google Maps
- July 12: Daytona Beach: Parking and Driving – Google Maps
- July 13: The Villages: Parking and Driving – Google Maps
- July 13: Gainesville: Parking and Driving – Google Maps
If you cannot attend the meetings in-person, if you want to watch a video replay, bookmark http://www.floridaredistricting.org/media.aspx to watch the Florida Channel’s webcasting of the redistricting public input meetings.
And also note, Florida residents not-in-attendance can submit their redistricting comments via social media. Social media comments that are directed to any of the following will be included in the public record of the meetings. Time permitting, the comments may also be read aloud in the meetings.
- Facebook: Post comments at http://www.facebook.com/MyDistrictBuilder
- Twitter: Send tweets to @FLRedistricting (http://twitter.com/FLRedistricting)
- Email: Send email messages to firstname.lastname@example.org